About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer   

       JPN Alor Setar Other JPN Offices in Kedah

Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara in Alor Setar (JPN Alor Setar) is state head office and responsible for the registration of important events of each individual such as birth, death, adoption, marriage and divorce. In addition, JPN Alor Setar is also responsible for determining citizenship status and issuing individual identification document in the form of identity card to those who are eligible.

Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara in Alor Setar is accept and process of MyKad and Birth Certificate application. The office also issues other National Registration documents such as below:

  MyPR   Death Certificate
  MyKID   Marriage Certificate
  Divorce Certificate  
Alor Setar JPN Office Location Map Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara
Aras Bawah dan Aras Satu, Bangunan KDN
Kompleks Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan
Bandar Muadzam Shah Anak Bukit
06550 Alor Setar

Tel:  04 - 731 4359 / 4585
Fax: 04 - 733 1752

Email: adminalorsetar@jpn.gov.my

Office Hours:
Sunday - Thursday : 7.30 am - 5.30 pm
Friday : 9.00 am - 12.00pm

Birth Certificate FAQs

1. Lost, damaged or destroyed Birth Certificate. How can I obtain a Copy or Extract of the Birth Certificate?
The parents, holder of the Birth Certificate or legal representative (heir/attorney) may apply for an Extract of the Birth Certificate by:-
Going personally to the NRD counter and bringing along your Identity Card or copy and completing Form JPN.LM15. A cash payment of RM5.00 is charged for each Extract of the Birth Certificate.

2. A mother has just give birth. Who can give information about the birth?
Individuals who can give information about the birth of the child are as follows:-

 • Father of the child or;
 • Mother of the child or;
 • The person who live in the house where the child was born or;
 • Any person who witness the birth; or
 • Any person having charge of the child.

3. Can the birth of a child who has no birth certificate and is more than 42 days old be registered?
Yes, Late Birth Registration application can be made at any NRD counter If the father/mother or legal guardian has evidence that the birth of the child occurred in Malaysia.

4. Can a child who was born out of wedlock (illegitimate child) be registered and can information about the father be entered in the Birth Certificate? (for non-Muslims)
For a child born out of wedlock, information about the father cannot be entered in the birth register, except at the joint application by the mother and the person who acknowledged himself to be the father of the child. A person who acknowledged himself to be the father of the child must sign the birth register together with the mother of the child.

5. Can I change the name of my child in the Birth Certificate?
Yes, the name of a child in the Birth Certificate can be changed or altered through the Information Correction Application if the child has not reached the age of one (1) year.






By which the information above are verbatim copy of National Registration Department Official Website. Viewers are urged to verify information on which they're relying with the relevant authorities.
We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or inconvenience to any person as a result of information contained above.
 Copyright  ©  2012 - 2014  All Rights Reserved