JPN Website  

Home  »  JPN Sabah  »  JPN Keningau

JPN Keningau

Keningau is a district and major town located in the Interior Division of Sabah, East Malaysia on the island of Borneo. It is the oldest and largest town in the interior part of Sabah.

A monument erected and officiated on 16 September 1963 granted to the state of Sabah during the formation of the Federation of Malaysia. The monument is currently located in the compound of the Keningau District Office.

The Keningau township is connected by road through either the Kimanis-Keningau Highway or Tambunan road from Kota Kinabalu, which is about 138 kilometres in length. Keningau is 67 kilometres from Nabawan, 35 kilometres from Sook and 48 kilometres from Tenom. Keningau also connected to Tawau by road the Keningau-Tawau Highway. In 2010, Keningau road (from Apin-Apin to Tenom road) are upgrading to be the most major internal roads are dual-carriageways.

The following towns, suburbs, and neighbourhoods comprise the area formally (and collectively) known as the Keningau Town.

 - Apin-apin
 - Bingkor
 - Bulu Silou
 - Nabawan
 - Sook

Regular bus services with minivans and taxis also can be found. The bus go to town service by mini bus. Express bus is used for long distances to Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan, Lahad Datu and Tawau.

Sources: Wikipedia




  JPN Online Resources      
Location Map  

JPN Town Location

  Online Application
  Application Status
  Customer Services
  Office Hours
Asia Travel Portal
|  Home  |  About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer  |  Privacy Notice  |  Term of Use  |

All Right Reserved ©  2012-2015