About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer   

       JPN Kuala Selangor Other JPN Offices in Selangor

Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara in Kuala Selangor (JPN Kuala Selangor) is responsible for the registration of important events of each individual such as birth, death, adoption, marriage and divorce. In addition, JPN Kuala Selangor is also responsible for determining citizenship status and issuing individual identification document in the form of identity card to those who are eligible.

Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara in Kuala Selangor is accept and process of MyKad and Birth Certificate application. The office also issues other National Registration documents such as below:

  MyPR   Death Certificate
  MyKID   Marriage Certificate
  Divorce Certificate  
Kuala Selangor JPN Office Location Map

Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara
Tingkat 4, Kompleks PKNS
Jalan Perusahaan Satu
Taman IKS
45000 Kuala Selangor

Tel:  03 - 3289 8526
Fax: 03 - 3289 8568

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday : 8.00 am - 5.00 pm

Lunch Break:
Mon - Thursday : 1.00 pm - 2.00 pm
Friday               : 12.15 pm - 2.45 pm

Marriage Registration FAQs

1. What will happen to the marriages that were not solemnised according to the provisions of the Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976?

A marriage that was not solemnised according to the provisions of the Act is an invalid marriage. After the enforcement of the Act on 1.03.1982, all non-Muslim marriages are required to be registered under the Act and the marriages are monogamous in nature.

2. What is a Monogamous Marriage?

A Monogamous Marriage means that after the enforcement date of Act 164, a person who has been lawfully married under any law cannot lawfully marries any other person again during the continuance of this marriage whether in Malaysia or in any other country.

3. What are the punishments imposed on a person who marries more than one?

If a person who was lawfully married under any law, religion, custom or usage marries again during the continuance of the marriage and in the lifetime of the husband or wife, than it is considered an offence under Section 94 of the Penal Code.

4. Who can solemnise a marriage?

A marriage can only be solemnised by a person who has been appointed as a Registrar of Marriages under Act 164 at the National Registration Department and Malaysian representative offices overseas or Assistant Registrar of Marriages at temples, churches or associations.

5. Can a person who has not been appointed a Registrar of Marriages solemnised a marriage?

No. It is an offence to do so and if convicted, can be imprisoned not more than 10 years and fined not more than RM15,000 (Fifteen Thousand Ringgit Malaysia).






By which the information above are verbatim copy of National Registration Department Official Website. Viewers are urged to verify information on which they're relying with the relevant authorities.
We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or inconvenience to any person as a result of information contained above.
 Copyright  ©  2012 - 2014  All Rights Reserved